Tags provide a useful way to group related posts together and to quickly tell readers what a post is about. Tags also make it easier for people to find your content. Tags are similar to, but more specific than, categories
There are two easy ways to add tags to your site.
First, when you’re writing a new blog post or editing an existing blog post, you can always quickly add new tags using the Tags box on the right side of your screen.
Second, you can also directly add tags by going toPosts → Tags.In this interface, you can both add new tags and manage the existing tags used on your site.
On the left side you are required to fill out the below fields:
(1) Name: The name is how it appears on your site.
(2) Slug: The “slug” is the URL-friendly version of the name. It is usually all lowercase and contains only letters, numbers, and hyphens.
(3) Description: The description is not prominent by default; however, some themes may show it.
On the right side you can apply bulk action to tags.
This second interface is helpful because, in addition to simply adding a new tag, you can also set or edit each tag’s URL Slug.
To add a similar tag cloud to your Darlic site:
- Go to Appearance → Widgets
- Drag over the Tag Cloud widget from the Available Widgets area to the location where you want it to display
- Give it an optional title and choose whether or not to show the actual number count.