This screen enables you to add a new user to the site, by filling the details visible on the screen.
Add Existing User: This allows to add an already existing user in the network. Required fields to be filled includes
- Email Address: Enter the email address of the user.
- Role: Assign a role by selecting from the drop-down list.
Click on "Add Existing User" button to save the user information.
Add New User: Create a brand new user and add them to this site.
Username (required): Enter the name of the new user to whom you want to assign the site.
Email (required): Type in the email address to let the user know that they have been added as a user in your site.
Role: Select the role from the pull-down box.
Click on "Add New User" button to save the settings.
Below is the basic user roles and permissions associated to each one of them:
- Subscribers can read comments/comment/receive newsletters, etc. but cannot create regular site content.
- Contributors can write and manage their posts but not publish posts or upload media files.
- Authors can publish and manage their own posts and are able to upload files.
- Editors can publish posts, manage posts as well as manage other people’s posts, etc.
- Administrators have access to all the administration features.