The need of import and export takes place in following cases:
- If there is need to transfer widgets from one site to another.
- It is useful for theme developers to show the sample widgets.
- To take backup of widgets.
It is done by uploading an export file created by the plugin. Three things may happen:
- Widgets imported as Inactive: These are one which are not existing in current theme.
- Widgets not duplicated: If widgets already exist in the same widget are.
- Widgets not imported: If widgets are not supported by the site.
It can create an export file of currently active widgets. This file can be later used to import in another site or to restore in the same site later.